On December the 4th, Madame Tussauds unveiled their brand new Minnie Pearl wax figure. The unveiling took place during the 63rd Annual Nashville Christmas Parade. The new wax figure will be housed at the Nashville Madame Tussauds facility when it opens this spring. Minnie, whose real name was Sarah Cannon, will be the perfect addition to the Nashville establishment. Minnie was best known for her country comedy and her 50 some years working at the Grand Ole Opry.
The wax figure has been meticulously customized to accurately replicate Minnie Pearl and her boisterous attitude. This includes the star’s wide smile, floral hat, and custom-made outfit. Additional information about the figure is listed below.
- Artists and experts with Madame Tussauds consulted with the singer’s family to better capture her likeness, energy and expression
- The figure took more than 5 months to complete
- Artists with Madame Tussauds visits the Opry Museum, so they could better replicate the figure’s dress and hat
- Tedious work has been put into the figure to ensure a life-like appearance
- At Madame Tussauds, 20 artists and sculptors with diverse expertise may work on each figure at any given time
The company claims to take more than 300 measures to ensure they can perfectly replicate the world’s most famous icons. The upcoming Nashville addition will focus solely on today and history’s music icons. While the Madame Tussauds in Nashville will be in the country music capital, the establishment will feature figures from stars in numerous genres, including jazz, blues, pop, country, and rock and roll. Minnie Pearl will join the following artists.
- Taylor Swift
- Stevie Wonder
- Carrie Underwood
- Johnny Cash
In the coming weeks, Madame Tussauds will announce new artists. Those that visit Madame Tussauds Nashville during the opening year will receive $5 off the regular ticket price. Children 2 years and younger are admitted for free. Prices for early bird tickets can be found below.
- Adults – $19
- Children aged 3-12 – $14
Madame Tussauds Nashville is scheduled to open in spring of 2017. The wax museum will be located within Opry Mills Mall. Those that are interested in learning more about the new addition to Madame Tussauds are advised to visit https://www.madametussauds.com/nashville.