TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is gearing up for the fall premiere of its new 30-minute daytime news and entertainment show, Daily Blast LIVE (DBL). DBL is scheduled to debut on September the 11th of this year. It will be broadcast across 36 TEGNA markets and will also be available nationally on YouTube and Facebook. Daily Blast LIVE will feature many well-known names from fitness, sports, television and comedy. The show will include notable veterans from various television shows, including Big Brother, Growing Pains, The Biggest Loser, and Dr. Drew.
During the show, the host team will provide their expertise and unscripted opinions on the day’s biggest new stories, trending topics and viral content. The following stars will make up the hosting panel.
- Erica Cobb – Correspondent and football fanatic
- Al Jackson – Stand-up comedian and host of BBC’s “Officially Amazing”
- Tracey Gold – Played Carol Seaver on “Growing Pains”
- Sam Schacher – Broadcast journalist, who frequently appeared on CNN and HLN’s “Dr. Drew”
- Jeff Schroeder – Reality TV veteran, who appeared on “Amazing Race”, “Big Brother” and “Marriage Boot Camp”
- Jen Widerstrom – Fitness expert and undefeated trainer on “The Biggest Loser”
- Tory Shulman – Stand-up comedian and UCB improviser
- Ebony Steele – Comedienne best known as the former co-host of “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show”
TEGNA’s senior vice president of programming, Bob Sullivan, admits the company is excited to have these stars on board. “We’re incredibly excited and fortunate to have such a variety of talented hosts comprise our robust on-air team for DBL. We purposely tapped personalities from a cross-section of backgrounds and disciplines to bring their distinctive voices, personalities and points of view to DBL.”
Sullivan went on to confirm TEGNA was confident that audience members from all around the country will be eager to engage with the hosts. The unique DBL 360-degree, multi-platform brand will provide viewers with the latest trending stories 24/7 with broadcast and digital teams working together to provide viewers with a fun and exciting half hour of television. The teams will produce 7 live half-hour feeds each weekday. The show will be live in almost every market and time zone in which it airs.
Simultaneously, TEGNA plans to stream DBL live Monday through Friday on the show’s official Facebook page and on YouTube. On Facebook, the feed will be available from 2-3 PM ET and 7-7:30 PM ET. Viewers can watch the content on YouTube live from 3-5 PM ET.
The innovative platform, which will be produced out of KUSA in Denver, will give viewers the opportunity to participate in the show’s conversation in real-time. They’ll be able to get involved by sharing their reactions and opinions, vote on content, and submit videos and other content. Again, Daily Blast LIVE will air across 36 TEGNA markets. The show is expected to debut on September 11.