On Thursday, December the 1st, Cinemark Holdings Inc. (NYSE: CNK) will open a new 14-screen theatre in Sacramento, California. The Century Arden 14 and XD Theatre is located on Ethan Way within the Howe Bout Arden shopping center. The facility will feature the exclusive NextGen design concept, as well as luxurious Lounger electric recliners. Guests will be able to lounge in luxury, while catching the latest movies with cutting-edge technology. The following amenities will be provided to guests.
- Electric-powered loungers with footrests
- Screens expand from wall-to-wall in all auditoriums
- Includes a Cinemark XD auditorium
- Movies are played with cutting edge 4k digital protection. This technology is powered by Barco projectors
- Several auditoriums also offer RealD 3D compatibility
- Sound systems have been greatly enhanced. Guests will be able to experience the movies the way filmmakers desired
- Concession stand is cafeteria-style and offers Coca-Cola drinks, candies, hotdogs, and pretzel bites
- Café also serves Ice-Cream and Starbucks beverages
- Seating can be reserved
A handful of activities will coincide with the theatre’s grand opening. To honor Giving Tuesday, a special cash donation will be submitted to the Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Sacramento Area nonprofit organization.
- Exclusive invite-only events are scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday
- VIP night and ticket tearing ceremony is held on Tuesday
- Local radio personalities will be on site from Thursday to Saturday. These individuals will be handing out special prizes, such as tickets, gift cards, and vouchers for popcorn and drinks
The new Century Theatre will be open just in time for this year’s biggest hits. They include Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Assassin’s Creed, Patriots Day, and Passengers. Consumers, who are interested in purchasing tickets, can do so conveniently through the company’s official website.